Saturday, April 30, 2016

Leaving #London


Doesn't time fly! It hardly seems two minutes since I left home to head for London. Plans made, objectives set and great anticipation as I looked forward to sharing good news with the people of London. 

Realistically I know you cannot reach many people in a two week period. But telling people that they can be forgiven, their guilt can be removed, they can have peace with God is worthwhile whether you tell 20 people or 2,000 people. 


I enjoy the privilege of sharing the gospel. Despite the fact that many people don't want to know! Despite the fact that lots of people get very agitated and angry when I raise the issues of God, Jesus, life, sin, death, our accountability, the day of judgment etc. It raises temperatures and people get hot under the collar. They are often indignant that I have the audacity to talk about such personal and private issues. 


The question is - Are these issues totally private? Are they only for personal discussion? The answer is yes and no! At a very simple level Christians believe that it is essential to warn and help people when they are in danger. That's why Christians have started hospitals, changed laws, developed social improvements and worked for the good of society. 

Imagine if I had the only treatment for a disease and you had the disease but were unaware that you were ill. Would I be cruel or kind if I ignored you and didn't do the following - 1. Make you aware of your illness and 2. Offer you the treatment? Common sense says that even if I am intruding in your private world in the long run I'm trying to help you. 

Here's another example. I am walking away from a cliff edge. Fog has fallen. You are heading towards the cliff edge but you are blind and unaware of both the fog and the cliff edge. What am I going to do? Maintain my distance, ignore you and leave you alone or step across the privacy line and warn you of your potential danger. 

In both cases I think the answer is obvious!

The truth is I am addressing matters of eternal significance. Everything else only affects this life - these matters are enormous as decisions made in this life cannot be reversed when we cross the line of death. 

Personal and private matters often need input from others so that we make good decisions. For instance you consult others when making big decisions in life. Whether it's health, finances, career, relationships and so much more it is almost impossible to make good decisions on your own. We often need input and information from people who know more than us to make good choices. 

So as I close I leave you with probably the most well advertised verse in the Bible - John 3:16. 

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life".

If you get the truth of this verse it will literally change you forever. May it be so!


For lots of videos, podcasts, blogs and explanations of the gospel of the grace of God visit www.seekthetruth.org.uk

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig